Bath suite replacement Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks ,

I am going to have a bash at replacing my bathroom suite :eek:

Couple of questions present themselves:

1. Can someone name the tool that is used to remove the nuts from the hot and cold bath taps. I think the hot is 22mm and cold 15mm pipe.

2. I have a gravity fed vented system, would I need taps that work at low pressure ?

3. I am planning to use plastic piping instead of copper as this is what the pro plumber did at my mums house , is this acceptable ?

I am going to put an isolator valve in the 22mm hot water piping so that i can isolate the supply while i am farting about putting the loo, bath and sink in. Now I have noticed that the isolator when open reduces the bore to approx 15mm , is like to cause any flow issues ?

Many thanks in anticipation :D

Sponsored Links
1. Can someone name the tool that is used to remove the nuts from the hot and cold bath taps. I think the hot is 22mm and cold 15mm pipe.

Basin spanner

2. I have a gravity fed vented system, would I need taps that work at low pressure ?

Most certainly

I am planning to use plastic piping instead of copper as this is what the pro plumber did at my mums house , is this acceptable ?

Yes

I am going to put an isolator valve in the 22mm hot water piping,

Might restrict it slightly.

Put isolating valves on all cold feeds. :D

Might restrict it slightly.

Not enough to cause problems though ?

Put isolating valves on all cold feeds.

Can I not just turn of the stopcock and run the taps until everything is empty ?

Many thanks for the speedy response :D

Can someone name the tool that is used to remove the nuts from the hot and cold bath taps. I think the hot is 22mm and cold 15mm pipe.
hacksaw.

you are going to use new pipe and it will be quicker and much much much easier.

the isolating valves will make it quicker when you next need to change a tap washer or something. The flexible tap connectors are a lot easier to install but some people say they may fail at mains pressure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back