Bath Tap Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've taken the bath panel off to see whats what before taking the bath out on Thursday.

I assumed/thought that bath taps had 3/4 inch thread and so the pipework to it would be 22mm. However the hot tap is 22mm and the cold tap is 15mm. Can you buy and 3/4 inch to 15mm straight tap connector?

Sponsored Links
cold is probably mains and hot is gravity or was if you now have a combi boiler etc.

Sponsored Links
I agree with seco, cold is probably mains, this may cause problems if you are fitting a new mixer tap to your new bath as the pressure between hot and cold will be significantly different, unless as seco also says you have a combi boiler where pressures are more equal.

am fitting single taps so shouldn't be a problem. I just thought all pipes to bath were 22mm even if the cold mains was on a reducer. Just means another trip to the merchants.

8 months of carerful planning and still finding things that I need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back