Bath taps/shower mixer....my bath taps have 8" centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old roll top bath with globe taps fitted either side of the overflow. I want to fit taps with a shower mixer but they all seem to have 6" centres and mine are 8". Are there any adaptors/adjusters available which would allow me to fit taps with 6" centres to my 8"? Most taps are wall or deck mounted...would a wall mounted set fit? Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Some older style shower mixers [the sort that look like a very old telephone] have adjustable legs that will accommodate different tap centres.

A std bath shower mixer has 8" centres. Available everywhere in different styles.
A wall mounted mixer tap has 6" centres.
Take your tap back to Lidls and get the right one.

Sponsored Links
probably didn't make my posting very clear....my globe taps are mounted inside the bath, by the overflow. Haven't seen any shower/mixers which will fit...they all seem to either be deck mounted or wall mounted. Just wondered if I could adapt one of these two types to fit. Thanks for the advice about the adjustable legs...will look out for a set of those.[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back