Bath Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I posted a while back about fitting a bath filler, but I have abandoned that idea as it is prohibitively expensive.

Now I have decided to have this fitted to a stud wall over one side of the bath:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Thermo...tatic-Bath-Shower-Mixer-wall-mounted_943.html

Someone has recommended using flexihoses:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/wras-hose-15mm-x-1-2in-x-1500mm-x-10mm/41845

http://www.screwfix.com/p/wras-hose-22mm-x-3-4in-x-1500mm-x-13mm/29515

to connect the tap that run back towards the accessible side of the bath and make the connections there. Is this sensible or is there a better way of doing it?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Well, that's a good idea.

Connect up tap tail before fitting to wall, so if in future, something leak, you can remove filler and check for leak without taking bath out or making holes.

it depend of how the bath filler fixed to wall as it may need copper pipe to help secure it, it's a good idea to fit plywood behind plasterboard / tiling to help secure more. For me, I use copper pipes.

Flexible hose is slight small bore so great on combi but poor on tank fed.

Ensure that if you go for flexible hose, make sure the hot one are not kink.

Dan.

OK. Thanks.

Not sure how these things are fixed. Cannot tell from the info on the website, will have to wait until they are delivered.

Minimum 1 bar pressure needed, hope it's not tank fed.

edit
I see from your other post that it is, forget about it.

Sponsored Links
Someone has just let me know that the sooeys post informs me the taps are no good.

Well, I'm disappointed, but I'll have to swap them for something similar but
suitable for low pressure.

Thanks.

Hmm. In a similar position to Buzzlightbeer.

I can't seem to find what I need that's suitable for low pressure systems.

It needs to be wall-mounted.

Thanks. I've found one or two that I shall chase up.

But I'm a bit bothered about the other stuff I've bought from Victoria Plumb. Their website tells me all their thermostatic shower valves are suitable for use on gravity fed systems like mine, but the valve I have ordered is rated at 0.5 bar. Surely Gravity-fed and 0.5 bar don't go together?

Similarly, on the basis of what they said above, I bought some taps that are rated 0.5 bar as well.

Will this kit work properly on a gravity fed system?

But I'm a bit bothered about the other stuff I've bought from Victoria Plumb. Their website tells me all their thermostatic shower valves are suitable for use on gravity fed systems like mine, but the valve I have ordered is rated at 0.5 bar. Surely Gravity-fed and 0.5 bar don't go together?
Victoria Plumb don't know you don't live on the ground floor of a tower block with the header tank 40 floors up. ;)
0.5 bar is only a 5 metre/16 feet head. Obviously not suitable for a 2 storey house, though.

Thanks.

I should have added "in my situation.", as I am indeed in a two-storey detached dwelling.

Trouble is, surfing the net, I don't see a great deal of choice of taps, including thermostatic bath mixers and thermostatic shower valves below 0.5 bar.

Better get my pressure tested and quick....

I hate Victoria Plumb.

Why?

Getting worried now. I've ordered a load of gear from Victoria Plumb. What have folk got against it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back