Bath waste - should it run like this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother is putting a new bathroom in but is having a bit of a nightmare with the bath waste.

The waste pipe itself is about 5 - 6 inches off the floor, so when the water comes out the bath, it has to go up, run along the pipe, then drop down. Is this normal?

Excuse my bad drawing, but tried to show what I mean

Attachments

• Bath.jpg
    Bath.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 183
Sponsored Links
That's what I thought but that's the original plumbing as per the council's installation!

Sponsored Links
Is it the trap that is raising the pipework like the pic or is it the actual pipework after the trap?

shopping

It's the pipework after the trap. The trap is on the floor and then the pipework from it goes up, then along the wall, then drops back down to go out to the stack.

From the sounds of it then it's not right, water doesn't like going uphill. Can you post a pic so we can maybe provide an alternative way of doing things?

Take it all out and rerun new waste pipe with a correct fall toward the soil stack, leaving as it is could create blockage and smelly water hanging around dipped pipe.

Daniel

Ahh jeez, he's just replaced it the same way as it was. His reckoning that it must've been like that for a reason. I wanted to haul it all out and replace it. Suppose that's what happens when a sparky does plumbing..................:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back