Bath with odd leg design???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after a little advice please, wonderful people.

I am re doing my bathroom and have a new fibreglass/acrylic bath.

The legs fit at the ends, rather than going underneath the bath??

I have had a look at the model in the shop and the legs are at the ends and don't go underneath (just to be clear, they are too short to go underneath) so it would not appear to be a case of just having the wrong legs. There is an additional central leg which goes underneath.

1. Has anyone come accross this configuration before?
2. Would you advise some additional support be built up underneath the bath?

Sorry if this is normal, it just the first time I have come accross this configuration and the supplied (generic) instructions show the legs going underneath, so much confusion has been caused this day!

Many thanks
IP

Sponsored Links
Usually the legs fix to a steel frame, which is in itself secured to the bath courtesy of the manufacturers recommendations......the adjustment on the threads helps to level the bath. A pic of yours would help if this means no sense.
I consider it a good idea to place extra supports at the bottom of the bath - especially if the user is on the heavy side!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back