Bath without a trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a house and after getting the bath waste redirected from the storm to sewer drain, we now realise there is no trap on the bath, and needless to say a bad smelling bathroom.

It's an old cast bath with lead pipes and no access to install a trap without removing a ceiling or coming through the external wall.

Is there any product I could install on the 40mm bath to soil pipe waste externally that would actually as a valve/trap?( Our builder somehow joined the lead to the plastic so I've got 4ft of accessible plastic pipe I could insert something into)

Sponsored Links
Cut a section of pipe out and insert 4nr 90 degree push fit bends with a bit of joining pipe work to make a U shaped trap only issue is if its external it may freeze in winter OR just keep the bath plug in its hole

Sponsored Links
See below:

Andy

We have just moved into a house and after getting the bath waste redirected from the storm to sewer drain, we now realise there is no trap on the bath, and needless to say a bad smelling bathroom.

It's an old cast bath with lead pipes and no access to install a trap without removing a ceiling or coming through the external wal
are you sure it's not a combined rain/soil sewer ?

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back