Bathroom Design / Soil Route

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having my bathroom remodelled and was in bathstore at the weekend.

The first picture shows the existing toilet / soil route.

The second picture shows the new design the bathstore guy came up with which shows the soil pipe routing under the bath and out of the wall. This will mean a total of 3 / 4 90 degree bends if you include the pan connector. He informed me this was fine as long as the fall was ok.

Other option picture 3 is to keep the second design and core and new hole in the wall to minimise the bends but this will up the costs.

Is option 2 viable or ? The distances are short.

Any Help Would be appreciated.

Existing

SOIL ROUTE 1.JPG

Bathstore Guy Design

SOIL ROUTE 2.JPG

Option 3

soil route 3.JPG

thanks shaun

Sponsored Links
Option 3 is the proper way. ( storeguy v. plumber;))

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I have had a final rethink. Is it possible to do the below come straight out of the back of the toilet and go round the wall instead of under the bath. The only problem is a vertical rain pipe piece that goes to a hopper will be in the way. Can I just add two 45s to the vertical rainwater section so it sort of hops over the soil pipe and into the hopper. is this ok?

thanks shaun

Option 4

OPTION 4.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back