Bathroom Extractor fan wiring - Ventaxia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace our bathroom fan which has recently just stopped working.

I've opened up the cover and looking at the wiring I am not sure it was wired in correctly.

From top to bottom the wires are
Grey - LS
Black - N
Brown - L

Is this correct ? (I've been googling and struggling to find what the colours SHOULD be!)

It was working previously (fan comes on with bathroom light, stays on for a period afterwards) - is that possible if it was wired incorrectly?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ahh yes in my haste to post I mis-typed!

Corrected the initial post

From top to bottom the wires are
Grey - LS
Black - N
Brown - L

Thank you!

J.

Sponsored Links
Hi noted this is an old post but I have similar issue with a Vent-Axia 100T fan stopping working and lack of good reference online for this wiring colour mix. My fan is exactly the same as above posted by liono2013 but in two fans the grey house wire is connected to the blue fan wire and the black to black (brown is to red). Is this right as until recently they both worked ok? Thanks
C899885D-29C0-43A6-9D92-10CCBCBD8A0A.jpeg

If the fan worked perfectly well ,then the relevant conductors are in their correct terminals . The grey wire is sleeved blue ( to indicate it has been used as neutral) ,the black is sleeved brown to indicate it has been used as a live conductor ( switched live)

Great thanks terryplumb appreciated - new fan it is!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back