Bathroom fan

Yeah vents clear, rail is 2000 btu’s and rooms only 2.5 m/2. Got a louvre grill on the outside and it looks like the fan struggles to lift the flaps so wedged them open and still crap, hence the thinking stronger fan needed.

What “pipe” is between the fan and outside vent ?

And does you fan have back draft vents on it ?

Sponsored Links
I’ll check it out. Thanks
It looks like that fan is a B&Q sold Greenwood Airvac AXS100TR.

Looking at the dimensions of your bathroom at 2.5m2, if we assume a ceiling height of 2.5m, that means a volume of 6.25m3

Sizing an extractor for the room volume. If we multiply this by 10 to get the required air changes per hour we get 62.5 m3/hr as a minimum requirement for the extractor.

That extractor is rated at 72m3/hr, at 32db so it meets the specification required.

However, as per my post, you probably need a better inlet and control the airflow across the space.

Furthermore, with a cold tiled wall, it just may not be extracting fast enough with enough force.

For something that is still slimline but uses a centrifugal fan, I came across this:

That extracts 130m3/hr but with a louder fan at 49db

The vent axia solo plus I mentioned before has 3 speeds. At full tilt it extracts 80m3/hr at 34db.

Manrose do a cheap and cheerful one too, 90m3/hr at 42db

But in both cases the centrifugal impellers will do it with much better "push".

All these fans have various model varieties (timer, pullcord, pir, humidistat) so you just have to make sure they fit the requirements, wring needs and duct sizes. Some of them have trickle modes so they constantly vent the room in question at very low power. But, as I said, you need the appropriate wiring for that.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back