Bathroom Humidity Controlled extractor fan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to get one of these installed, and was wondering what peeps thought of a humidity controlled one. Compared to a standard one.

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
i dont know, but i'd rather just have a plain fan with a pullstring or lightswitch timer.

Some bonzo installed humidity fans in the toilets at work. Guess what, they never come on. :evil:

Sponsored Links
But you know more than me about electrics, and thats good enough for me.

Bazdaa

I've got a humidistat extractor with over run timer, had no problems & is ideal for my bathroom as theres no window. Also fitted one in the kitchen it fires up when pans are steaming away on the hob no probs.

comms said:
I've got a humidistat extractor with over run timer, had no problems & is ideal for my bathroom as theres no window. Also fitted one in the kitchen it fires up when pans are steaming away on the hob no probs.

NO NO NO NO NO, your complicating things dammit! :confused:

Can I ask what model/make you went for?

Bazdaa

Although we sell alot of fans with humidity stats, I would advise against it.

They are temperamental and often come on in the middle of the night during times of high humidity.

Just a run-on timer is enough, meets regs and can be set to run-on for the right length of time to combat any steam, condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back