Bathroom Light Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom ceiling has a tongue & groove cladding. I'm currently in the middle of redecorating the room. I've removed the old light which was a 3 spot light type. I'm now left with the 3 cables which went to each spotlight and an earth cable. Question is, my new light only requires one cable (neutral & positive) and earth cable. What can I do with the other 2 cables? I'm assuming that under the tongue and groove ceiling there is a distribution block but I can't be bothered with the hassle of removing the ceiling to get at it. Can I just tape up the 2 remaining wires and tuck them out of the way?

Rob

Sponsored Links
You already know the answer

I'm assuming that under the tongue and groove ceiling there is a distribution block but I can't be bothered with the hassle of removing the ceiling to get at it.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
You already know the answer

I'm assuming that under the tongue and groove ceiling there is a distribution block but I can't be bothered with the hassle of removing the ceiling to get at it.

We may disagree on some things, but on this I concur. There is no such thing as "cannot be bothered" in a situation like this.

Hi,

Is it not worth looking from above the ceiling ... from the loft ?

That is If you have one, and it isn't too much trouble to climb into it.

Connections may be over rather than between.

P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back