bathroom light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all no sooner do i sort out one problem another comes along a bit like buses i took off the screw cap for the light switch and half the contence fell out including some plastic and some metal anyway what i was left with is two yellow and green wires the earths with a kind of bluey green wire shoved in with one of the earths on the terminal blocks and black wire and a red one can someone tell me where these go?

Sponsored Links
no where yet.

get a new switch first

oh, and is there a fan (electric) in the bathroom?

how many wires have you?

3 earths, a red and a black is that right?

(bear in mind i am not there and you are)

oh, what are the new switch terminals labled as?

Sponsored Links
Can we please have a photo of the wiring, and a more detailed idea of what wires you currently have

ok i have 5 wires
2 green and yellow
1 red
1 black
1 green
the new switch says com L L1 L2 and a little sign 3 horizontal lines and vertical line under it

if you are sure the last one is green then try the following

all green yellow together in a choc bloc

red into com L

black into L1

oh, and go to bed and do it in the morning when you can see for sure about the other wire.

goodnight

tell you what i got a new phone today i will take a pic then you take a look, you forget i live in the house jack built i pull off wallpaper or pull out a screw and plug and half the wall comes with it!

morning.

ok then, posting a picture info is in forum information

angel1977 said:
tell you what i got a new phone today i will take a pic then you take a look, you forget i live in the house jack built i pull off wallpaper or pull out a screw and plug and half the wall comes with it!

I wish to defend Jack. Whilst not the best, he has carried out some pretty decent work. His brother Jerry though ........................ :eek:

That looks like the old pre green/yellow plain green sheathing to me. In which case, Breezers 2:42am post applies. (2:42am :eek: - is he a vampire or something?)

The green/yellows are multicore earth wires - Supplementary bonds from other equipment in the bathroom probably. Do you have a (relatively) recently fitted shower maybe?

my assumption is right, only thing is either the red or black looks too short. (to reach the far side)

perhaps some slck in the loft?

yes there was a shower, this choc block thing is it kind of see through with little screws in it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back