Bathroom Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have one of these light fittings in my bathroom.
2613_l.jpg

I have bought a bathroom light to fit, which is a flush fitting. However, when I remove my original fitting there is a type of ceiling rose which my new light will not fit over. Can somebody give me some advice as to how I should fit the new light. I have no access above the ceiling, so am a little limited in what I can do above the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
i presume you will have 3 cables at the rose

2 cuircuit cables and a switch cable
read the for reference thread on linghitng if you are unclear about this

if there is room inside the fitting i would use chock block inside the fitting to connect the loop wiring

if not then i would use a chockbox (small plastic boxed used with chock block or crimps) to do the loop wiring and shove it up through the hole leveing a single cable for the light fitting

Thanks for that, there are three cables. I think due to space I will have to put them into the ceiling.

remember to use a chockbox then

you must not just push unprotected crimps or termina block into the ceiling

since the joint won't be accessible you should really use crimps rather than terminal block on the chockbox but if you do use crimps make sure you get a proper ratchet crimper

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back