Bathroom mirror query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a heated bathroom mirror with a shaver socket on the side. The mirror heater has a non-contact proximity switch and the shaver socket switch is in a flexible plastic 'bubble'. Do I still need an isolator outside the bathroom?
Your opinions very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Wikky

Sponsored Links
You should follow the wiring diagram given in the manufacturers instructions.

I appreciate that but the instructions (wiring diagram) just show L, N and E coming in. It doesn't mention whether the should be an external isolator fitted.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that but the instructions (wiring diagram) just show L, N and E coming in. It doesn't mention whether the should be an external isolator fitted.
In which case you don't need one - however since you are adding to a circuit in a bathroom you will more than likely need to have it RCD protected. I believe this will also fall within Part P of the Building Regulations.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part_p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back