Bathroom sink drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since I've installed a new en-suite the sink seems slow to drain and I can't figure out why.

I've installed it using a shallow bottle trap due to it being inside a floating sink cabinet but now starting to wonder if a shallow u bend would be better?

Is there anything I can try to get it to drain better?

Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell without looking at the entire run, but the elbows may slow things down, swept bends 'guide' the water round. How long a run is it?

Not sure if it's how the pictures are taken, but it looks as if the pipe between the trap and elbow RISES instead of falling.

You could try a Hepvo.

Sponsored Links
I'm hoping it's not the run length that's the issue. It goes back behind the wall which is about 12 inches before dropping under the floor and turning back through 90degrees.
It's the same route as before I changed the sink but with the only difference being the pipe work is behind the wall instead of in front.

It's difficult to tell but I wonder if the chrome sink connector is too long which means the pipe work can't fall?
May look at the Hepvo option but don't know much about them.

looks like a good product. Do you think it's the venting that's an issue or the way the pipes run?

The more I look at it then the more I think the chrome plug is too long which then means there's a slight kink in the pipe between the vent connector and the pipe.

The pipework is sat on the cabinet so can't go any lower without modifying the cabinet so may have to search for a shorters plug connector I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back