Bathroom soil stack - help with layout / options (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an ongoing dilema with my bathroom waste. It is an internal cast iron stack that comes up behind panelling downstairs and emerges through my bathroom floor, toilet and wastes tee in, and then it carries on up to the loft and out the roof.

Current setup (cast iron fittings):

Existing-1.jpg

SP_A0232.jpg

I want to relocate the toilet about 1.5m to the right. The sink will be above where the toilet currently is. I therefore could do this:

Option1.jpg

As you can see this pretty much copies what I have now, but with the toilet on the right. Can I bring the bath waste into the bend as shown?

Or I could try this:

Option2.jpg

But I don't know if I can use the swept tee that way (will poo travel past it and get lodged on the left)?

Of course the new pipework would all be plastic but I have got to connect to the CI with a rubber coupler under the floorboard level somehow.

I just don't know how best to do it.

Are there other options I could consider?
Are there other options for the sink / bath waste?
Am I better off with an air inlet valve or venting out the roof?

All this will be boxed in as I have bought a sit on sink, back to wall toilet and concealed cistern. I intend to build a worktop like area, like the built in furnature but made myself.

Would appreciate any guidance!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly, you must vent out of the roof and not AAV.

Use a strap on boss below your toilet connection for the bath and sink wastes.

:D

If i was doing the job i would cut the cast iron out and re do the stack in plastic. I would leave it going through the roof. Plastic is easier to work with and gives you more options. Use a rubber union that will suit cast to plastic, use a plastic branch with boss connectors and take the bath and basin waste into the branch using the boss's

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back