Bathroom Supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HiYall,

Putting in new bath Suite. I have a Combi Boiler.

I noticed that the existing pipework is mainly 22mm until it is reduced to 15mm for Basin and downstairs feeds.

Is it likely the 22mm goes right back to the boiler (worcester 28cdi) or (more likely??) did the plumber that put in the combi simply adapt existing pipework??

Considering the boiler is fed with a 15mm, should i run 15mm throughout (back to the boiler) and only adapt to 22mm to fit the Bath Taps??

Advice appreciated..

Matt

Sponsored Links
Combis work best if all hot pipe work is in 15mm. Fit a 3/4 to 15mm tap connector to your bath taps so that hot supply is 15mm all the way ;)

You might want to consider your boiler if you (unless I`m reading it wrong) are installing a bathroom completely new to your house, especially if you are adding a bath. Your combi will probably struggle to provide you with hot water if you open more than one hot tap at once never mind filling a bath! How many hot water outlets does it feed & where is new bathroom to be installed? how long is the hot water run to the new bathroom? all these things need to be considered.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I am actually replacing a suite (i didn't make that clear!!) that used to be supplied by a conventional boiler/tank. A few years ago the boiler was replaced by a combi, which in retrospect has both good and bad points!!

I will run new 15mm pipework to replace the existing 22mm that the boiler man probably adapted.

In fairness to the plumber ( :eek: :eek: :eek: ) it would have been a much bigger job to replace the pipework for 15mm, and he did not quote for it.

Maybe with new 15mm Hot Pipework, it all might work even better??

Cheers...Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back