Bathroom Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help with bathroom taps.

The water from the hot tap in the bath is really running slowly. when i turn it on it runs slow but when i open it fully the water stops running.THe cold one works fine.

Then theres the bathroom sink cold tap turn it on and again it runs slowly but when you open it up full it shoots out everywhere there is no in between, and when you turn it off there is a loud bang in pipes.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to solve these issues

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The water from the hot tap in the bath is really running slowly. when i turn it on it runs slow but when i open it fully the water stops running.THe cold one works fine.
Sounds like the jumper, or the washer, has come adrift.

Do you know how to shut off the supply to it? If so, do that, then remove the handle, then unscrew the valve body and inspect it.

Then theres the bathroom sink cold tap turn it on and again it runs slowly but when you open it up full it shoots out everywhere there is no in between, and when you turn it off there is a loud bang in pipes.
Same comments as above.

Sponsored Links
They're not very complicated things, but if you can't work it out then just post a picture here and you'll get advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back