bathroom tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start tiling my bathroom walls. Parts of the bathroom currently has wallpaper and as I was removing it today, I found under it some kind of gloss paint and parts of the paint was coming off with the wallpaper. Can I go ahead and tile over this with just tile adhesive, or do I need to PVA first?

Also, my wall tiles are 25 x 33 which type of trowel should I use? I'll be using the same tiles for the shower walls as well, don't know if coverage of certain trowels will make a difference?

Sponsored Links
All loose paint should be removed. You can pva non shower areas but you need to tank a shower area properly. Use a 6mm square notched trowel for that size of tile.

Thanks gcol. The square notched ok for the shower coverage too then?

Yes, I will be tanking the shower. Also using AP on one of the walls, because I'm moving the shower mixer and pipes to behind the wall vs on top of the tiles.

I'm removing as much of the paint as possible, but some parts it's just stuck to the concrete wall and won't budge :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back