Bathroom ventilation through the soffits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a bathroom extractor, but cannot vent it to the soffit because it is Asbestos!. However regs say that you cannot drill existing asbestos, so how do I get around driilling this hole to vent my soffit? Can i get a qualified asbestos driller to do this? As this is the easiest form of extraction?
IF by some unlucky event they say i need to put a hole through the wall, unfortunately, my bathroom is surrounded by a Garage on one side and a conservatory and bedrooms. It seems that the only way is up apart from the soffit approach. Also as my existing soffits are not vented, is there a rule about putting new vented soffits in or should they remain sealed. :(

Sponsored Links
If you have a nice deep fascia board you could vent it through the timber fascia instead under the gutter. As long as the exterior grill is mounted correctly it will be fine. Most of the driving rain will be sheilded by the gutter. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back