bathroom waste problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the old bathroom and have planned to move the bath and toilet around. I have a copy of the Part H Building regs, but can't easily work out if they apply to my bathroom or not.

Specific problems are:
The relocated bath will need a new waste connection to the stack, or need to with the existing basin waste pipe. Do I need to inform Building Control for a new stack connection?
The resealing AcApline trap supplied with the shower tray only has a 19mm water seal. This doesn't meet the min requirements so why did they supply me with it? Does they know soemthing I don't?
The WC branch connector (solvent weld) needs to be rotated 90 degrees to fit the new WC position. I can cut the old branch out and fit a new one, but that would leave a 40mm branch on the stack opposite the WC connection and only 16cm below - problem? Do I need to let building control know about this?
The existing basin has a run of approx 4m of 32mm pipe. the new basin will be fitted about 45cm to the right of the old one meaning that a new run of pipe must be fitted (the next set of floor joists along). It will connect to the existing stack connection, but - how can I lay a 4m length of pipe for the basin when the max is 1.7m - would using 50mm pipe solve this. Can I get away with leaving 32mm in as this is what s used currently? Does usin a resealing trap mean that I can use 32mm pipe and still meet the regs?

Getting sick of thinking about this now. hope somebody can put me out of my misery! :cry:

Sponsored Links
trap supplied with the shower tray only has a 19mm water seal. This doesn't meet the min requirements so why did they supply me with it?
Because most people don't give a toss about regulations. Most of us don't bother building Control with minor works either. If we did they wouldn't be able to cope with the volume. In short the system only works because people break the rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back