Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently in process of renovating house and will be doingthe bathroom to, ripping it out and getting it replastered, my question is...

which way round do we do things as we are going to need to plumbing done for a shower. the pipes are going to need to be hidden, its one of those that u run straight of the boiler(combi). Do we have the plumbing done before hand or just chase out the plaster etc for the pipes, this is one part that confuses me..Or do we create a fake wall where the pipe is going to run for the shower.

Sponsored Links
For the best finish, I would do all the first fix pipework, then have it plastered.

Al

As you are probably going to tile around shower then it will not really matter, but could be easier to do all possible plumbing once old bathroom has been stripped out

What about the pipes runnning the wall, should we create a small fake wall ?

Sponsored Links
What ever way you do it, first chase the wall out to allow the 15mm copper pipes to be recessed in, also allowing for them to be covered/protected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back