Baumatic BA140 Interlock problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sigh,
The door catch on our new Baumatic BA140 broke and following a bit of dispute with their customer disservice department, they decided that we weren’t covered by the warranty and wanted £100+ to just come and have a look.
So I’ve bought and replaced the door catch myself, during which time I broke the door glass…..Happy days!
Anyway so now the door glass and the catch have been replaced and the machine is reporting that the door is not closed and so will not launch the wash cycle.
I’ve had a look at the interlock and there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with it, though I’m not sure if I would know if there was!
When I close the door I’m not convinced the catch is engaging with the interlock, there’s no resounding click. Is this an indication that the interlock is broken? I’ve used the correct parts for the replacements (or at least what the websites said were the correct parts) so it shouldn’t be a problem with the door now being slightly wrong.
I’m inclined to order and replace the interlock as a last attempt at getting this working myself or should I swallow my pride and call a professional?
Any pointers on how to establish my problem is really the interlock would be much appreciated.
I'm wondering if the interlock being broken was the reason the door wouldn't open and was the reason why the catch broke when we struggled to get the door open?
Edit - I've been told by "she who must be obeyed but isn't allowed to beat washing machines up" that the machine worked with the old catch even though we couldn't get the door open, this means that the interlock is fine.
THis means there is an issue with the new catch not engaging with the interlock I guess, any ideas how I can sort this out?

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back