hotpoint aquarius wm63 interlocker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my washing machine.

When the washing cycle had ended the door would not open, I found the interlocker and released the door.

I bought a new interlocker.

When fitted the machine would not start

If I refit the old one the machine will start but the door will not unlock.

Can you help me?

Sponsored Links
could be due to poorly aligned catch. I've experienced problem because catch is about 4mm too low. The spring loaded catch when closed properly is supposed to push switch (on left side). The catch is likely to foul.
I have removed door hinge castings (front and rear of panel) and elongated the holes in panel. top hole north westerly and bottom hole north easterly. This has taken the hinge upwards, with a slight anti clockwise movement.
Catch is still a little low, but it now snaps into position with a clear click.
Also filed the edges of the catch, which I thought may dig in the plastic of the interlock and prevent it operating switch.
I think the rubber door seal also restricts the catch. I found if machine did not start due to door lock, a extra nudge with the knee on the lock side would resolve it.
Not too sure about the locking action, obviously the catch is restricted and the restriction is not being released, which could be down to same reason if catch is fouling.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for that

I will have a look later but I'm not sure this is the problem, I have the front panel off the machine and can feel the clip move when the door is closed.

Is there anything else

you could put a meter across the terminals of the interlock to check for continuity when you press the switch in by hand. Then if you have the door panel off, You could fit the interlock and test again using the door catch. The first test will prove if the switch is at fault or not.
And I can't see 2 interlocks both having a faulty switch (especially the new one).
It might be worth removing the door hinge to give a bit of freedom, then try the catch in knowing there is no restriction caused by any misalignment.
Don't think there's anything else I can add.
I did consider lowering my interlock by about 1mm, this would have meant filing a mm off the bottom of the two clearance holes for screws and the bottom the rectangular hole. however it was not needed.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Was the replacement identical to the original?
There has been a supersession to the original and the wiring on the replacement is reversed.

this only happened on a wma ,this is a old wm :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back