Baumatic cooker hood filter question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baumatic F90.2SS cooker hood in my kitchen. I did not install it - it came with the house sale. Today I decided to give it a good clean and check the filters. The only filters that I can see are the metal filters that unclip to allow access inside. I was expecting to see paper or charcoal filters. I downloaded the user manual from the Baumatic website which suggested that there should be a carbon filter either side of the motor which by turning anti-clockwise to remove can easily be replaced. Firstly, I am not able to turn either end as they are screwed on and on close inspection with a torch I am pretty sure that there are no filters either side?! The one end looks empty and the other looks as it if is part of the motor. I read on the spec for this model that the two carbon filters were an optional extra. Could it be that the model installed in my kitchen did not have the two carbon filters included and if not then is it designed to operate with filter paper and charcoal sheets? Would it be possible to have the two carbon filter system installed and how much is it likely to cost (parts and labour)? Would I need an electrician or appliance engineer to install it? Is it worth it? Sorry for so many questions. I did try the Baumatic after sales line today but they went into administration last month and Hoover have recently bought them out. I'd really appreciate any advice as I do cook a lot and would consider replacing the appliance if it is cost effective.

Sponsored Links
Carbon filters are used when the extractor is set to recirculating, i.e returning the (hopefully filtered) air back into the kitchen.
If the extractor is vented outside, the filters aren't used.
John :)

Well that makes sense - thank you. Should I be using grease filter sheets to go on top of the metal filters?

Sponsored Links
There should always be a textile grease screen just inside of the grille - this stops the grot from getting into the motor, where cleaning is nigh on impossible.
Grease screens available from Argos, ebay and the like - you just cut them to size with scissors.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back