Baumatic dishwasher - bottom blade not rotating when on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a built in full size Baumatic dishwasher (cant remember the model but can find out if needed) & I've noticed that the last few uses the bottom dishes arent getting clean - even on a full heavy duty clean.

I then noticed that it appeared that the bottom blade that jets the water up had'nt moved from its original position when i loaded the dish washer.
To prove this theory i opened the door 1/2 way through a cycle & set the lower blade at 90deg to the door & shut the door to let the washer continue. I then waited 5 mins & opened the door again & the blade was in the same position.

It seems that water isnt being pumped into the bottom blade but its ok going into the top one. The blade spins freely & doesnt snag anything.

The washer is only 3 years old & it never has really greasy pots in - i rinse them first.

I've also had the lower blade off & couldnt noice any obstrusions - all pipes seem to be clean & clear.

Any ideas or should i start looking for a new dishwasher!!

Cheers
Berry.

Sponsored Links
Check all the holes in the spray arms, they get clogged up with bits of rubbish

Already have, theres no build up muck & blade it internally clean & all holes are open. It seems that no water is getting to the blade?

bump...

Been away on holiday & came back to no replies! :(

Right, i've emailed Baumatic & they've responded that the 'Wash Motor' has developed a fault. They say they can fix it but i bet its going to cost £150+ so its cheaper ion the long run to buy a new dish washer.
However, I would like to fix it myself. I'm very technically minded so i dont mind get my hands dirty! But, as i know nothing about dishwashers i might need a bit of guidance.
Has anyone tried to fix a Dishwasher Wash Motor? Are they servicable? The reason why i ask is because it obviously not fully broken as it still pumps water to the top blade.
Does anyone know what to look for. ie. Anything that might be broken.

But if i do need a new wash motor, i've got a few questions:

1. Are Wash Motors easy to replace?
2. Are they expensive?
3. Where can i get one from (best reasonable price)

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi mate, how did you get on with your dishwasher. I'm having the same problem with mine, can't see it being the wash motor as the top spray bar is still turning. Are there any solenoid valves in the line?
cheers Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back