Whirlpool Dishwasher does not clean cups properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP 2440 WH which has begun to leave cups with brown tea stained look. Dishes on the lower rack seem to be cleaned OK. I have tried putting the cups on the lower rack but still get the same problem. I've checked the filter and the arms. All OK.

I've noticed the Rinse Aid doesn't seem to need refilled any more (at least the indicator is always back).

Final point is that I notice there the inside of the door has moisture on it when opened after washing.

Any suggestions

Sponsored Links
By using a tablet with integrated Rinse Aid instead of separate Gel and Rinse Aid everything is now sparkling clean.

I'm therefore led to the conclusion that the Rinse Aid is not being dispensed during the wash. I don't have the knowledge to investigate so I'll stick with the Tablet as the solution.

Have you tried topping up the rinse aid even though the indicator doesn't suggest any is needed? How about the salt level as well? Sometimes the sensor get jammed or fail so it is worth trying a few simple manual tricks before calling an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back