Baxi 100He - won't light, water dripping

Sponsored Links
I'm aware of the water shield but the water does seem to get its way around.
Our OP said
the initial engineer said that the water had ruined the PCB
How else would the pcb get wet?

I've never come across water damaged PCBs on this particular model

The PCBs are in a one piece plastic box with a door on the front.
(good design, so therefore no longer used)!

The door if fitted, would have to have water squirted in through the coolings vents!

For those that might be wondering - turns out that the water drainage pipe was overflowing, shorting out a sensor that in turn took out the flame every time it was lit.

(on a side note, this has been a learning curve on rogue boiler repairs. Spent £600 on parts - none of which were actually needed! Joy...)

Sponsored Links
You can take the white case off and run it.
The flow switch is the black plastic thing top right where the pipes come out. It's right above the pcbs so would seem to be a contender. The O ring seal between it, and the hex, often leaks.

Part 18 unless I've forgoten since I dug this THIS
out..

Presumably you aren't paying for the parts??

Hi. I have a problem with my Baxi 100HE. It is leaking water from the flow switch. The flow switch appears to be in 2 parts. Four screws hold the switch to a back plate. The back plate is fixed by 2 screws to the boiler. The water is leaking from between the switch and the back plate. How do I remove the flows switch. Thanks for any help.

The two 10mm bolts each side of the flow switch.

Can I simply undo the bolts ?

Then does the switch simply pull out ?. Looking at the spare part there appears to be o rings seated on the external and internal spigots. Are these simply a push fit ?

Thanks agaon

The boiler needs to be drained, the flow and return pipes removed and the stats disconnected.

The new flow switch comes with new 'O' rings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back