Baxi 105

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Just replaced a corroded diverter valve and everything works fine apart from hot water is cutting out and starting up repeatedly while running. Ive felt the pipes going into the heat ex and they are getting red hot so imagine this is possibly somthing to do with it over heating?

Another problem i found on the boiler is that the burner pressure was real low, like 2mbar, when i put it up to 12 the closest i could get to 13.5 it would make a loud whooshing sound in combustion chamber then obviously continue to cut out when running it in hot.

Central heating appears to be working fine.. i have tried installing a new plate heat ex but same problems persist.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hope you realise it IS meant to light at 2mbar before going to 13.

Valve has a hi and low gas setting.

If everything IS ok then it sounds like plate is blocked and needs cleaning or changing

OOPS neva noticed you had tried plate.

Sensor just by the plate could be duff

thanks for replies namsag, im sure it a prob with with overheating because the pipes are getting seriously hot, also the hot water stat does not appear to heat in any way.

I have to ask this which is probaly going to turn out to be a stupid question, but how on earth did the Gas pressure manage to get itself all the way down to 2mb?
And how on earth has this boiler worked like this?

Instead of re-adjusting said gas pressure i am more inclined to think something is wrong somewhere?

Also you say diverter was well corroded, is it possible that some of the corrossion has now made it to the plates?

this is what i am thinking, the tenant mentioned that the council had carried out some water works and this caused her sisters boiler up the road to become damaged etc.. so i think whatever has caused diverter issues may have blocked up pipe work or damaged heat-ex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back