BAXI 105E BOILER PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help. We have got a Baxi 105e combi boiler, 4 years old. The problem we have got is that when the CH comes on the temp of the boiler is reaching 80 (maximum) no matter where we set the temperature pointer to resulting in the rads being piping hot to the touch and the boiler overheating and shutting down completely. We are unable to fire back up again until it has cooled. No neons are flashing to indicate a fault, only when the boiler has shut down then the flame failure neon flashes (obviously because it has shut down).
We have had 2 engineers out to no avail, 1 replaced the temp sensor and the other the thermisters but still we have the same problem. We are at the end of our tether and its costing us a small fortune. Can anyone please, please, please help !!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Does the burner modulate as it gets hot (flames reduce)?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the gas valve needs setting up properly. Only about 10% of CORGIs seem to be able to do that!

Might be PCB fauly but thats less likely.

I was amused that one engineer replaced the sensor and another replaced the thermistor. Lesser minds think alike !

Tony

Agile said:
Sounds like the gas valve needs setting up properly. Only about 10% of CORGIs seem to be able to do that!

I was amused that one engineer replaced the sensor and another replaced the thermistor. Lesser minds think alike !

Tony

10% That is scary :eek: :eek: :eek:

Na the scary thing is believing any of the facts figures and chemical reactions Agile comes out with, without checking them out for yourself. Or relating them to all the jobs you have been to yourself . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Baxmax said:
Agile said:

Tony

10% That is scary :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even scarier :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How is your hot water?

The PCB is not registering the NTC sensors signals.
Even if the gas valve was not modulating down the NTC sensors would still react to the customer setting of the C/H temp and would shut down at a lower temp, min setting being 30* +/- 5*. Unless the gas valve is sticking open!
You say 'flame failure' light illuminates after its overheated, not the 'safety thermostat' light.
My money goes on the PCB being faulty

You could try;
On the PCB there are at least 3 potentiometers (blue dials), find the small one marked Max R and turn it fully anticlockwise this will lower the output of the C/H to approx 10Kw.
Also there are 4 'jumpers/dip switches' on the PCB, Move the one marked T.RISC to on, this should keep the C/H temp to 45* max

Had the overheating Baxi problem- just took the advise you gave re-potentiometers and jumper settings- boiler is functioning and house is slowly heating up- Thanks Loads-
i assume this is a temporary fix- do i need a new PCB, or should i look at replacing the thermal switch ? :D
thanks in advance- all it took was a google.

thanks for all your help-
don't usually spend all my time on forums trying to amuse people who desperately need a laugh.
i'll call an engineer in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back