Baxi 105e instant problem!!

Hi guys I'm after help again.
Tried getting my central heating on to run some x800 around system.
Turned thermostat up but pump does not fire up.
Rad light on boiler comes on and burners light up but no pump?
Any ideas on getting this started?
I'm hopefully going to get a valliant 837 and magma clean ASAP.
Just need this to hold out a bit longer.
Any help or advice welcome
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Just look at the index for the plumbing section!

Wiki: Please see if the answer to your query is already covered by the Wiki No new posts

Announcement: Gas Fitters Only Forum, The Combustion Chamber

24 DIYnot 129030 Sun 28 Jul, 2013 3:21 pm

Announcement: DIY GAS This topic contains images

Sticky: TOP TIPS & FIXES (Bending. Soldering, Repairs etc)

Sticky: Boiler & Central Heating FAQs

Sticky: FAQs

Sponsored Links
Hi I've read through most of the links but nothing specific to my issue sorry.

When turning thermostat up to start heating the rad light comes on and burner fires up but no pump.
The burner only stays light for about 10 secs.
What should be the sequence of heating kicking in? Pins in-out?

Dont get too excited about a valliant, it will go the same way unless its installed properly and system cleaned thoroughly.
Have you closed any heating valves on boiler ?

Dont get too excited about a valliant, it will go the same way unless its installed properly and system cleaned thoroughly.
Have you closed any heating valves on boiler ?
It can't be any worse than a baxi 105e instant.
Ok I'll be getting the system powerflushed and what ever the best cleaning device is fitted. To try and keep it clean. I could also do with a water softener but haven't looked into these yet.
No all we do is turn main thermostat right down then when we need the rads on just turn it back up.
It clicking in ok the light for the rads coming on on the boiler and burners fire up its just the pumps not starting up.

Ok pumps stuck, try the no cost easy way first, bleed pump and give it a few taps with a toffee hammer or small rubber mallet whilst calling for heat.

Ok pumps stuck, try the no cost easy way first, bleed pump and give it a few taps with a toffee hammer or small rubber mallet whilst calling for heat.
Ok is that just loosening large screw in center to bleed?
I've got just the mallet at work shes called the last resort.
No 5 copper and hide. Lol.
I'm a sheet metal worker/pipe fitter/ welder so have a good selection of knocking sticks.

I expected that you would have viewed all the help available as FAQ.

Did you read the TWO help parts in this link ( I wrote one )?

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/boiler-central-heating-faqs.175736/[/QUOTE]
Yes I did read them. I did try loosening the large screw. But as soon as I saw water I panicked a bit and tightened it back up.
I take it there's a switch in there for the pump.? Is that where the setting 1/2/3 are?
Will it just be a dribble of water to come out?

Just a dribble of water will leak from pump bleed screw, if all checks out ok and pump still does not run, check (test)theres power reaching pump, if ok either the impeller is at fault or pump failed.

You have to drain boiler and remove pump head to check impeller for blockages and the unseize in most cases.

Tony

Quick update on my issues.
Motor was running fine.
I've replaced the 3 way motor/actuator and the central heating now works. Hooray.
Now my preheat is trying to heat all the rads. Is this the plate heat exchanger passing.
Hot water works fine.

Any clear instructions on removal please.

Will it come out without removing any other bits.

Could I try x800 in system without removing or is it best to remove and clean? I only need it to last about 6 months till i can get a new one fitted.

Many thanks for help and advice.

You have to drain boiler and remove pump head to check impeller for blockages and the unseize in most cases.

Very naughty you are Tony. Invariably the poster will have a leak when he removes the pump head, flood the PCB area, even disturb the connection at the heat exchanger.

Surely, you are not advising the lad should start tinkering with the boiler :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back