Baxi 105e leaking from grub screw hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my baxi 105e is leaking from one of empty grub screw holes holding on the diverter valve . It only has 2 screws and 2 empty holes . What seal is likely to have gone ?

Sponsored Links
you need to change the front end seal, sometimes called a tail piece, but could also be the small O ring on the diaphragm housing, do you have to top up the boiler pressure ?

I usually top up the pressure once a year if it's down . It's only a few drops out of the grub screw hole when the boiler first fires up in the morning.

Sponsored Links
what you are calling a grub screw hole, there are 4 x holes in the castelated seal, only two are used so the other two are left open, those screws just hold the diaphragm housing in place, they are simply mechanical, ther should not be any water in that joint, but the DHW and the system water are present within there, one is leaking, buy the service kit and change the small O ring and the castelated front end seal at the same time

Thanks Ian I will pop to the plumb center on Monday and get a kit . Would it be worth changing the diaphragm while I'm in there ?

better to buy the complete kit from online, will post a link for the complete kit, you dont have to use everything but as you will have the Diaphragm housing out , I would change it, but make sure you cover the electrical cover with a decent towel, all water runs straight in there with your boiler, and no matter how good you drain everything there will always be some water comes out when you start the job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baxi-Com...177591?hash=item41c0107277:g:QjIAAOSwHAxcJhqF

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi again , last time I just turned off the water supply to change the diaphragm . Will I also have to isolate the radiators this time ?

I would change both seals at the same time and to do this you need to drain the boiler, I dont use the boiler isolation valves as they tend to leak after you open them again, you dont need to do anything at the radiators, just the boiler

So basically just open the drain on the boiler to drain it . And lots of towels over PCB . Have you seen the price change on that link you posted ? It was £17 when you posted it .

So basically just open the drain on the boiler to drain it . And lots of towels over PCB . Have you seen the price change on that link you posted ? It was £17 when you posted it .
Yep drain the boiler and turn off the cold water supply and open a hot tap and leave it open, you will get those kite easily enough on ebay you dont need to go to that seller there are loads on there, that was just to show you what you need

Hello finally got round to replacing the parts . I don't have any leaks but the pump now sounds different (more of a hissing sound ) . Could this be air in the pump ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back