Baxi 105e not heating hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do everyone

this is my first post so apologies in advance for any errors or if ive placed this in the wrong place.

My baxi 105e has suddenly stopped producing HW. It worked fine to fill a bath. 1 hour later it was only giving off cold water.

When I open a HW tap the boiler kicks into life, fires up (Ive had the front off to see the flames) and the water light illuminates. however the temp lights do not light.

If i turn off the taps the CH light illuminates and the temp lights quickly rise to 70 degrees.

Ive read other posts and Im just looking to see if my situation rings a bell with anyone else.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does the pin come out on the diverter (round brass part front, lower left side of boiler)If not it probably needs a new diaphragm

the pin comes out and engages the mini switch and swaps the led from heating to water(there is sone limescale around the pin but it appears to be working correctly). also the switch on the item behind the round brass section rises to engage another miniswitch. if i open a hot water tap so it only trickles out the water slowly(slightly faster than a drip) the water becomes luke warm. Im well stumped and getting a lot of ear bashing from the wife. any advice would be great so I dont sound like an idiot when speaking to a heating engineer on monday...unless someone outthere thinks this could be repaired by a diy'er

Sponsored Links
after spending hours reading many forum posts on this website I have been able to repair my above problem by checking the gas meter (in the junk cupboard under the stairs) & would you believe a childs toy had partially closed the valve. Upon opening fully hot water flowed instantly. Surprising how such a simple thing nearly cost me a fortune. Maybe one to check in future and ensure the gas meter is clutter free. Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back