Baxi 105E PCB fault ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In November 2006 had a fan/flue light flashing on my 105e, chkd flue ect and all ok. while putting tools away driver slipped off slipped of the top and in catching it I banged the side of the unit, this kicked burner into life. Tried this a few times when it didn't fire up and it worked every time. changed pressure switch still same prob so ordered new pcb Part No: 5112380 (was 248074) changed over found connection A1 was opposite way round A3 has been moved to where A4 was with A4 moved forward plus new connector A9 added. connected all up nothing working 1st 3 led's on after 3-5 secs holding switch in reset position.Spoke to supplier who said send back for replacement. In meantime put old pcb back in, wouldn't work at all, in frustration slammed control cover shut and walked away. Sat down then realised heat coming from rads. The 105e has been working perfectly since then until 4 days ago, same problem fan led coming on. As I had replacement pcb from last time still unopened decided to swop it out, same board as last time so can anyone tell me if this correct or are there different boards in the 105e, is there a change in the wiring needed or should it be as straight swap other than turning A1 round. Hot water still working eventually when the relay finally holds I have photo's of both pcb's if any one needs to look at them.

Sponsored Links
Is it a 105 "Instant"?
If so the part number in the manual's wrong.
You need a 248731.
Othewise I've not a had a problem with 5112380's

The new boards do have the connectors in different place from originals and earth is now attached to the board. As opposed to connecting it to board

when the pcb went on my 105e the earth wasnt conected ! lazy factory workers lol

Sponsored Links
Chris r.... not an instant as I believe they they have a motor on the 3 way valve, also checked GC No. 4707508 from info on panel facia with diagrams on partsarena.com.

namsag.... connected just PCB earth only, PCB earth + orig earth and just orig earth, also tried no earth, still same. worked out position of changes from connector No.s A1 needed turning round.

micpwelsh... earth attached ok thanks tested with meter.

baxpoti.... potentiometers 180º out ?????? can you explain more ????

update only 2 LED's lit 30 + 40, flame fail + safety thermostat activated, these come on 3 sec's after turning switch to hot water only, heating + hot water or to reset position.( 50 looks to be on but not so bright, looks like reflection from 40 LED) remove A1, A2, A4, A5 or all 4 still get the same 2LED's after 3 sec's. But with the old board only had 50 LED, fan/flue fault on.

No No No Chris... not that silly !!!!! got it from the place that keeps the heat on, but as I had it Nov 2006 its now out of warranty even though its been in the box.

baxpoti.... potentiometers 180º out ?????? can you explain more ????

The shaft of the knob can be fitted 180° out of position because the shaft is round with two equal squared off sides.

Tony

Thanks Tony.. but can't see how position of temp control could cause the 30 +40 LED's to come on after 3 secs when 1st switching power back on and holding switch in the reset position ??

Nor can I, at 0152 hrs after 700 cc of 14% First Cape Red !

But baxpoti probably goes to a lot more of them than I do !!! ( Boilers that is , not bottles of wine! )

Or perhaps he has just drunk more wine than I have?

Tony

Ok Tony.... hope the bells don't ring too loud in the morning......
bed is calling and its getting too cold now, plus sounds like its blowing a gail out there.....
Mick

Better late than never,there are 2 types of pcb cream (honeywell) and green (siemens)
Do they have the same connections...would of thought so...but the siemens one seems to have a lot more chips on it...more complicated??

John ;)

Honeywell board has a big control chip in the centre, which I'm assuming does all the control. It seems to be more robust as a result.

The Siemens board is earlier, and will likely perform the same functions, just with more integrated circuits.

Both have the same connectors, just in completely different places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back