baxi 105e - radiators not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
starting to get a bit cold so decided to stick the heating on for the first time in ages, boiler fires up and goes through correct procedure and no fault lights and all seems fine.

however none of the radiators actually seem to heat up. ive gone round and checked the 4 upstairs and one in the bathroom is at best luke warm and all others upstairs still cold, on two of them the pipe on one side is hot but not the radiator itself. on all downstairs ones they are stone cold. ive bled the upstairs and all fine but at the moment cant do downstairs as theya ll have radiator covers fitted so i;ll have to do those tomorrow morning.

just want to make sure im covering all bases and not missing something obvious. if tomorrow i bleed all the others and they still dont heat up then any suggestions on what would be my next port of call ?

thanks alot for all the help everyone

Sponsored Links
we have TRV's on 2 radiators but not on the other 6. ive now been round and bled all the rads and no air is coming out.

the one and only radiator that is heating is the bathroom one which is next to the boiler, even with heating turned up full on boiler the temp is still only lukewarm at best. the inlet pipe is red hot but the actual radiator itself isnt and every other radiator in the house is stone cold.

any suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
1.5 to be precise !

ive looked in the user manual and the operating procedure all seems to be fine and at no point are any warning lights coming on

ok ive just a plumber out to check boiler and he says its the pcb, said it cant possibly be anything else.

question is, if it is the pcb then shouldnt i be getting warning lights at some point? also, would the hot water still be working ? because it is. only problem seesm to be the hot water not getting through to the radiators, inlet pipe is hot but radiator isnt and all others cold.

pcb was replaced on boiler about 4 or 5 years ago when it developed another fault and that time warnign lights were ona nd nothing worked.

any advice please !! if memory serves the pcb is bloody expensive and i jsut cant afford it !!

quick follow up.......when the heating is put on the boiler fires up and flame comes on for about 10seconds then goes off. no warnign lights flash and lights on boliler are all normal but no flame on.

when tap is turned on for water, the flame comes on and stays on and water is fine.

Thermistor fault, diverter fault or board.....without being infront of it i can say no more.......why have an engineer check it then not believe him??

Hi just seen this forum iv been trying to find out what is wrong iv been in a house and same boiler and exact same problem just looking to see did you ever get it sorted and what the problem is? Its a guy who gives me alot of work andPhoenix have the boiler under warranty. They said the system needs flushed so I added chemicals powwrflushed whole system and still same prob I disconnected flow pipe below the ground thinking a bend was blocked or so because the flow was roasting hot as heat wasn't getting away from boiler but it's clear now phoenix have came out again saying iv flushed it wrong and that nothing is wrong with the boiler just system needs flushed so customer has booked them in for a powerflush and basically iv had a bit off arguement as customer is believing them and im out near £200 with chemicals and renting powerflush machine plus days labour for 2 men. Any answers would be grateful.

So what did YOU diagnose as the problem?

If it did not need a power flush to cure the problem why did you do one?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back