Baxi 105E

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone working on Baxi 105E regularly and comfortable with it?

I am presently working on one that goes to flame failure (you guessed it) when I am not there. Have checked PCB for bad connections, system pressure is OK, burner pressure also correct with every other appliance running. Electrodes and leads look OK. Fan and venturi clean. No flame lift. Flame picture great.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
replied to this on the screwfix forum but the post didn't appear.

i would be leaning towards iffy solenoids on the gas valve possibly dropping out when a bit of heat gets on them. is it always only the flame failure light that comes on?

So far it is flame failure light coming on every time. With good flame, well cross lit, clean venturin and fan, no suspect solder pads on PCB, am running out of ideas.

i have come across baxis with the min gas pressure set too low did you check the min gas pressure?
if the min pressure is ok i would definately say gas valve prob. i've never been a fan of changing parts on an appliance until the thing works but in your case it may be the only option. how old is the appliance? baxi seem to be pretty good at customer relations and may send a gas valve direct to the customer if the boiler isn't too old but out of warranty. contact the local rep and explain the situation

Sponsored Links
Boiler was installed (as a replacement for ELM Leblanc 420) on June 14 2001. Client has not had the boiler serviced. Inlet gas pressure is 17mbars with gas hob four burners on.

Installation was cleansed using X400 and dosed with X100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back