Baxi 105HE Condensate Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure whether this is allowed under the regs, but just how competent does one have to be to fit a new one of these, and how easy is it to get the part. Fitting instructions seem straightforward enough and it doesn't interfere with anything major or dangerous from what I can see. Wouldn't mind but this didn't leak until recently after a service. Didn't notice it straight away as the boiler is in the loft. Now the bottom pipe isn't connected to the trap at all and the fitting is broken. Any advice appreciated, even if it's not to bother trying to do it myself. Many Thanks. Steve.

Sponsored Links
you can order them from curzons/parts centre / t'internet. Sure it isnt the o ring seal thats leaking?

Id get the guy that serviced it back because these dont break on their own.

You have to remove the fan to fit a new one.

Its not too involved but still very dangerous if you dont know what you are about. worst case senario, gas leak, explosion, death??

I might suggest this is not a DIY job.

Nowhere near the fan!
You can change the trap without disturbing any gas parts, so go for it.
Just follow the instructions

Sponsored Links
2 Screws underneath and one jubilee clip on hose takes 5 minutes without disturbing anything .
What is missing the ? the yellow nut on bottom of trap
Or is it where the hose connects onto the trap.

Oh dont mix up the 2 wires connected on the top

Thanks for the replies. Where the nut attaches at the bottom it is completely broken as is part of the plastic box. Looks like it was only held together originally with jointing compound of some sort as very messy. Metal plate appears rusty / very loose. Will try and take a picture of it later and post. I take it the two wires can just be pulled off without electricuting yourself. I am capable enough to not get them mixed up. I have phoned the guy who did the job, he reckons it's a common problem? Obviously being a plumber / gas fitter is not available anytime soon!! It still appears straightforward to me, and there is certainly no need whatsoever to remove the fan. Will post more at some more suitable hour. Thanks again, further replies welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back