Baxi 360 pf ...Hot Water but no Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, we have a Baxi solo 360 pf, that has been a load of rubbish from day one , it's 2-3 years old, the gasman has changed PCB, Pump, the valve on the pipes above it, timer and room stat, but still just shuts the central heating off for no reason, hot water seems fine, the rads that run off the hot water in the bathrooms are baking hot, any ideas would help, otherwise we are going to rip it off the wall and drive over it..thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is only the ch that is affected, then it sounds as if you have been ripped off by having all those parts fitted to the boiler etc.

This will be an external control problem, as the boiler does not know whether it is on for ch, hw or both.

Hi Thanks for reply, can i ask what you would have a guess at, like I say he has changed a valve that has one pipe going into it from the boiler and then two pipes out into the house and sits on top of the rafters above the boiler , i,m sure he said that controls that ch and water switch over

That will be a 3 port valve. Did he change just the head or the complete valve?

I am also confused as to why your bathroom radiators are getting hot with the hw on.

With a boiler as new as yours, the system should not allow this to happen.

Sponsored Links
hi
do you mean one of these?
ebce07e86fdfc9abe950e7af4eee44b3.image.100x87.jpg

Matt

Hi the whole thing looks new, This boiler like I say is only 2 -3 years old it replaced one of the same make that gave up, the 2 bathroom rads have always got hot with HW, I,ve looked at the valve above boiler, it has a small slide lever on the side that has manual on the bottom and then auto on top, i,ve pushed this into both postions but rads still stay cold, but some time they work for a short while, but always hot water is red hot..

hot water seems fine, the rads that run off the hot water in the bathrooms are baking hot, any ideas would help, otherwise we are going to rip it off the wall and drive over it..thanks
as gas4you has stated this is confusing I can understand that the bathroom may be fed off the HW circuit but are you saying that the hot water is ok(not to hot) but the rads are too hot

anyway I agree with gas4you its defo a control problem

Matt

Hi Mat
yes hot water is quite hot and bathroom rads hottest in the whole house(when the rest work)

hi
select Hw only on the programer then locate something that looks like this on the cylinder and turn it right down
879c5dcb840ab209f4c1f448dd00200a.image.100x100.jpg

does the boiler stop firing?

ok leave it turned down
select CH on programmer and make sure room stat is turned up
now the valve should move over to open the CH port and the boiler should fire (after a small delay 10 seconds or so)

Matt

Hi mat I have had to pop out to pic kids up will try when I get bac and post reply. Thanks

Hi sorry about delay, did what you said and the boiler fired after a 10-20 sec delay, but the leaver on the valve did not move , it stayed at the bottom torwards (auto)..thks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back