Baxi 552 bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just bought a house with a Baxi 552 boiler fitted it has been partially dismantled and the burner is missing parts I wonder if anyone tell me will the burner from a 401 fit ? The back boiler itself seems to be ok no leaks. Can anybody tell me any help would be well appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_175433.jpg
    IMG_20180907_175433.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20180908-061125.png
    Screenshot_20180908-061125.png
    479.4 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Get back onto them and find out why, surely when you brought the house boiler would have been checked over

You should find out why it's been disabled before spending money on parts. Is there any paperwork for it? It could have been disabled because there's a new boiler somewhere else which you haven't found yet. It's also possible that it was deemed to be dangerous, maybe due to a damaged flue for example, or some other issue. Just whacking a new burner in there could get you killed.

Did the vendor make it clear that the boiler wasn't working when you bought the house? If they didn't, and there isn't another boiler elsewhere, you could be entitled to force them to sort it out for you at their expense

Sponsored Links
ive been offered a whole 552 boiler and fire front , think i'll buy it and have mine replaced, is it possible to flip the boiler inside as my pipes come out on the right and the one ive been offered is on the left.

You won't be able to do that I'm afraid - energy efficiency regulations say that any replacement boiler must be A-rated, so fitting a complete new 552 isn't permitted and can't be signed off. Why not have your Gas Safe Registered Engineer strip out the bits you need from the replacement boiler and fit them into the new one?

401 will not fit it is to narrow,buy the 552 and get a gasman to swop over the burner tray and test it.

Lookoutleo,Has your registered gas service operative asked you to source the parts or have you intervened to source your own parts. Ok parts (secondhand-preloved) can be sourced but are you sure the flue and other safety sensitive situations will be passable when the new burner array is fitted.

many gas operatives will not fit secondhand gas sensitive parts,some will but thats their enterprise.

back in the day,servicing a vintage baxi back boiler was a time consuming job.The burner can be dismantled and the gauze cleaned out,helps to prevent incomplete combustion resulting in a sotty boiler.

Lookoutleo hope your registered gas service operative is a mature person who does not rely on fga readings for a living :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back