Baxi 80/105 - Clicks but not always firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another problem with this 'great' boiler

Sometimes it doesn't always light first try, it clicks you can hear it clicking but no spark so no ignition, so eventually it shuts down with a fault

Turn the boiler off or press the reset switch and it then fires up normally, but then again maybe it won't

Other times you don't get the clicking as its trying to fire a spark

There is no set pattern to it not firing up first try, it can refuse to light 3-4 times in a row or it will light perfectly with no issues and then just decides not to light totally at random

Annoying and confusing

Sponsored Links
The three flashing lights that say it could be the PCB, but turn it off and wait a few seconds then it probably ignites as it should

Also the middle light flashes (60 light ?) on occassion when it refuses to ignite or click, again turn it off wait a few seconds or possibly a few minutes then try again and its usually fine, so that could point to a dodgy solder joint or component on the PCB .....

Weather its related to the issue with the pressure vessel either needing to be recharged or replaced I can't be sure until I get chance to look at that when I'm off work again in a day or so

What hasn't helped is the PRV used to drip, dropping the pressure, so the boiler would switch off

So I'm looking at possibly having to replace the pressure vessel if recharging it doesn't work, and also replacing the PRV anyway as that used to drip on a regular basis but appears to have stopped (unless its doing it sneakily now, still dropping pressure)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back