Baxi 105e problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so boiler has been faultless and served us well so far, regularly serviced etc.
All of a sudden very intermittent it won't fire up....when I sat won't fire up the ignition light will come on hear the click but no flame.
Tried new ignition,spark,air switch,plumber checked it all out but no joy.The annoying thing is it's hard to get it to do it when you want.Can go for 3/4 days amd be perfect then nothing.
No fault codes or just constantly tries to fire up....any ideas appreciated

Sponsored Links
one of those faults you need to be in front of to check stuff .
but if its got a good strong spark and not igniting then board gives power out through the gas valve lead to gas valve so it will be one of those three .
the gas valve lead has a diode in it , its not just a connector and when faulty can show up as an intermittent fault like this .

It's so intermittent,when working it's perfect...plumber can't find any fault and not showing any codes up.Do you think poss pcb board ?

Been going five days heating and water without happening then just when you think it's cured...it went yesterday!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's so intermittent,when working it's perfect...plumber can't find any fault and not showing any codes up.Do you think poss pcb board ?
Baxi=Potterton.

Who couldn't build a PCB if their lives depended on it so it is a possibility.
(I am on my 5th)

Baxi=Potterton.

Who couldn't build a PCB if their lives depended on it so it is a possibility.
(I am on my 5th)
board faults on a 105e usually 9 times out of ten result in two flashing lights .
And baxi dont make the board they were bought in usually from honeywell

board faults on a 105e usually 9 times out of ten result in two flashing lights .
And baxi dont make the board they were bought in usually from honeywell
Thanks mate....he was on phone to Baxi tech support and went through a few things but no joy.Hard to diagnose I know but anything else I could try or should I say what would you try first
Thanks

one of those faults you need to be in front of to check stuff .
but if its got a good strong spark and not igniting then board gives power out through the gas valve lead to gas valve so it will be one of those three .
the gas valve lead has a diode in it , its not just a connector and when faulty can show up as an intermittent fault like this .
Bump.

Thanks mate....he was on phone to Baxi tech support and went through a few things but no joy.Hard to diagnose I know but anything else I could try or should I say what would you try first
Thanks
I would try the lead first very very rare the gas valves go on these and as i said board fault if usually 2 flashing lights .
Is it the original 105e non condensing you have or the 105he condensing .
part number 248218 is coming up for the original 105e

I would try the lead first very very rare the gas valves go on these and as i said board fault if usually 2 flashing lights .
Is it the original 105e non condensing you have or the 105he condensing .
part number 248218 is coming up for the original 105e

105e mate...non condensing.
Hardly missed a beat in 20 years,it's got sentimental value to me

Last edited:
mine is 22 year old still going strong . one of best combi`s ever made
Right that's it....I've another two years at least.
Seriously the Plumber is a good friend but scratching his head.Might as well try the lead you said He has a replacement board he said he'll fit for me to try...worth a go ?

Right that's it....I've another two years at least.
Seriously the Plumber is a good friend but scratching his head.Might as well try the lead you said He has a replacement board he said he'll fit for me to try...worth a go ?
worth a try as it only takes minutes to fit the board there is an earth wire to boiler chassis double check that is on properly left hand side by control panel ,
the lead is about 25 quid if you need it
the he lead is different from the e lead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back