Baxi 80e Boiler pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
I have a Baxi 80e Boiler, over the last 3-4 weeks I have a problem which is becoming more frequent.
When I get up on a morning the heating has not come on with the timer, a look at the boiler gives a fault light of 'Low Pressure'.
The pressure gauge shows around 2.25 bar pressure, I then top up the pressure from the valve under the boiler with mains water until the pressure gauge shows 3 to 3.5 bar.
The Boiler will now function correctly, however I have noticed that the overflow is then slowly 'dripping' which i assume is overpressure. The pressure over the course of the next 24 hours seems to stabilise back at about 2.25 bar, at which point I get the fault light back.
HISTORY: I have had this boiler for about 4 years now, I have had to change the PCB 3 times already, The working pressure has always been around the 2-2.5 bar range and I have only had this problem before when the pressure once got down to about 1 bar. The pressure seems to stabilise at 2-2.5 bar and stay there so i'm sure i don't have a leak anywhere.

Help!!

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the low pressure switch is out of calibration.

Tony

Would the pressure switch calibration have changed over the short period?

How do i fix it or calibrate it?

Thanks for the fast response.

PJ

Sponsored Links
This is far more likely to be a pump fault and a dirty system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back