Baxi 80E - Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I returned to my home today after being away for 2 weeks and discovered my Baxi boiler had been leaking all over the floor and the overflow had been constantly running outside. The pressure was almost at 4 so turned on the boiler and ran the hot taps (don\\\'t ask me why) :oops: The pressure went down and wouldn\\\'t stop! Instead of trickling, it was pouring out of the overflow. I\\\'ve turned it off and went off to hide. The heating has not been used since June due to me not being able to live there due to builders being called in after an insurance claim so was wondering if they could possibly have put a hole in a pipe somewhere? There are no visible leaks anywhere and the heating and hot water were both working. If I\\\'m forced to live with my parents for much longer I may crack. :rolleyes: Was just hoping for a few possible explanations before I call in the professionals. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Either the filling loop is letting water in or the plate heat exchanger is allowing mains water into the central heating.

If it is the heat ex then the only solution is to replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back