Baxi 80e hot water prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope you can help. My combi is only a couple of years old but the HW has stopped working CH works fine. Basically when i turn on the tap boiler flashes up temp goes up to 80 on the front panel then the burner turns off, looked at the diverter valve and the rod for CH stays up the, rod for the HW goes up when i turn on the tap
Please help its doing my head in :confused:
Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
possibley a blocked HE. How quickly does it get up 80oC

If the diverter is typical the rod is split in the middle, so the hw diaphragm and pin can come out to switch the boiler on, but the diverting bit could be seized in the CH position.

cheers for the reply Temp gets upto 80 in about 10 to 15 seconds, the rods are both down until CH comes on then the rod comes up for the CH part of the diverter then if you turn on a HW tap the other rod comes up (HW) but the CH rod stays up. it might just be me being stupid but i thought the diverter was only supposed to operated one or the other not both.

Cheers again :) [/quote]

Sponsored Links
I think you must be!

There is a front section of the diverter which senses DHW demand.

There is a rear section which should follow the front. If it does not then you will get CH instead when you turn on a hot tap.

The other pin is a system flow switch and has to be extended in both CH and DHW modes to allow the gas to be turned on.

All your symptoms are typical of a blocked plate heat exchanger!

Tony Glazier

cheers Agile thought it would be me, and the DHW plate heat exchanger isn't used for the CH thats why thats ok makes sense thanks for your help is it an easy job or should i call a plumber?

Thanx again :)

sorry one last question can a blocked heat exchanger be flushed through or is it just a case of replacing it. boiler is only two years old!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back