baxi 80e no hot water !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
baxi 80 e no hot water 99% sure the diafram is gone the pin is not coming out and hitting the micro switch how would i go about changing it do i have to drain the whole system or is there a short cut hope you can help i am a corgi plumber but main deal with vaillant and i just in stall them

Sponsored Links
u can tell if the diapraghm has gone take the case off n turn the hot tap on, n watch n see if the push rod operates the micro switch. if not isolate the cold in. open hot tap n leave open. undo the 2 sensing tubes 8mm nuts i think. remove microswitch, then take the 6 screws out n the front of the brass casing will come off. take old one check for split clean inside take note of how it is for when u put it back. silicone gel on the rod reassemble tighten all nuts n screws turn water n check for leaks if at good attached micro switch when hot tap n case on n thats it

Nope just turn cold off under boiler , open the lowest hot tap.
Turn power off remove micro switch from front of housing.
undo nut on pipe at top of housing
undo and take out the 6 screws on front of housing
remove front housing making sure nothing springs out
clean pushrods with fine wire wool and silicon GREASE them
change diaphram
reassemble
turn water back on

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back