Baxi Barcelona Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Barcelona - problem with overheat/lockout light flashing. Sometimes will work for a few days/weeks without problem - other day’s locks out frequently. I don’t know what changes or makes the difference but something happens!

It’s always done this………
Once its been on for a while and system is up to temp, boiler shuts down as expected, when heat is called for and boiler try’s to light, combustion fan starts, gas value clicks, gas ignites with 'pop' runs to two or three secs then gas valve shuts down, boiler will then try to relight in around 3 mins and most likely starts successfully. But if you turn boiler off with stat immediately after boiler fails to light but turn back on and set the boiler stat to give slightly greater temp/heat it will start up normally.

If anybody has any ideas I’d be interested to hear.

Mine is 1999 vintage with all original PCB’s and loom.

Always been a little troublesome with the following parts but at present these are OK. Water trap clean and empty, combustion door seals new, burner replaced last year. The black and red water out temp components replaced. New electrodes fitted. Combustion space and flue clean.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If anybody has any ideas I’d be interested to hear.

Mine is 1999 vintage with all original PCB’s and loom.

6_yard_dumpster_with_dimensions.gif

Pull the earth wire of the condense trap, leave disconnected.

See how it goes for a few days.

Sponsored Links
Relay on the ignition board sticking, I just changed my 9 year old board tonight and no lockouts yet. Relays on new board are different (smaller) and when you hear it start up the sequence noise is quite different from the old one but the effect is the same, HEAT. LOL

Relay on the ignition board sticking, I just changed my 9 year old board tonight and no lockouts yet. Relays on new board are different (smaller) and when you hear it start up the sequence noise is quite different from the old one but the effect is the same, HEAT. LOL

So this new board is direct replacement and connects using the existing loom and connectors ? and is compatable with the original main control board ?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Definately the ignition PCB i have had so many of these stupid little board in the black box fits were it touches

Maybe Heateam engineers should be equipped with soldering irons?

Hvae tried but the thing won't heat up quick enough before the time my next jobs due to start

Tis true, am just a boy. Im just finishing around then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back