baxi bermuda inset 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had a long running problem, heating and water ok for a few days then nothing for a few days

i can hear the bolier firing up and then shutting down

i never know when it will be working and not working

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
tonym said:
i have had a long running problem, heating and water ok for a few days then nothing for a few days
i can hear the bolier firing up and then shutting down
i never know when it will be working and not working
any help appreciated
if thats one of those baxi back boilers....i have had two..they NEED annual cleaning out of the heat exchanger...
mine developed two faults
one on the gas valve not operating...yours may be intermittent
and the core eventually leaked after 14 years..
the gas board kindly took up the insured tab on those..

thanks for the reply, it is a back boiler, and is only 2 years old, and has been serviced

the gas valve working intermittently sounds good to me

i have no knowledge at all of back boilers, so its useful to have some idea of what could be wrong

thanks again

Sponsored Links
tonym said:
thanks for the reply, it is a back boiler, and is only 2 years old, and has been serviced
the gas valve working intermittently sounds good to me
i have no knowledge at all of back boilers, so its useful to have some idea of what could be wrong
thanks again
most of the experts here will agree i dont either...but its nice to get some input..another thing i thought of is the boiler stat...if it is faulty it could be cutting the gas valve off prematurely...
the way i am going i could get it right if i guess enough..
the boiler stat sensor sits in a pocket in the heat exchanger casing...if it has jumped out...:wow:..that could be the answer
i could access mine by taking off the fire place section...i gave it a clean up with a dry rag and popped it back in fully in place...the little tube from it to the stat should not be kinked...
best of british mate...as i say the gas board did all my eventual back boiler work under a service contract..
they are good they will fix the fault free if you take the contract...in certain cases..

thanks mr crow, its a fustrating problem, when i have had plumbers/gas fitters in the house doing other jobs and mention the problem

the bugger always fires up and works normally, its getting worse now so

at least i have an idea of what the problem could be

cheers

The gas valve is more likely to be intermittent than the thermostat, but the pump could be doing it too! Faults like that are a pain! Lets all plump for one thing and see who can say I told you so...

is this boiler a bbu?If so try checking the pump as it sounds like its overheating.If the pump is ok check thermostat.Give us a clue by giving the model no.(57/4m 57/4e) find the model on thermostate control box

the model number is 50/4e, the bolier seems to shut down sometimes as soon as it fires up, and then keeps attempting to get going again

other times there is nothing for 2-3 days
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back