Baxi boiler - heating works, not water - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi 80 HE Plus Combi boiler, fitted a couple of years ago and serviced each year. Over the past few months the red light started coming on - when reset it worked fine.

During the recent service the engineer fiddled about - replaced wiring - and said if there's still a problem it may be the PCB that needs replacing.

Since he came it's actually got worse: it seems to work fine if the water and heating are on together, but if I just put the water on the red light comes on after about 15 mins, and the reset doesn't solve it - I have to wait half an hour for the boiler to completely shut down / cool down before the water will work again by itself.

Does this sound like a PCB problem? The quote to replace it is expensive so I wanted to get some advice before shelling out.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the combustion door seals have gone and its tripping the stat hence why you need to wait so long because its cooling down before working for a little while again.

The LEDs are an indication of what sort of fault it is. Have you checked what the manual states the fault as?

It could be a diverter problem not letting the heat dissipate outside the boiler.

Since it works OK when heating and HW are on then I wonder if it might be an overheating problem perhaps caused by a temperature sensor being faulty or out of position.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back