Baxi boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any advice would be appreciated.
I have a Baxi Bermuda back boiler which has been in the house when we moved in about 20 years ago, it has developed a fault that the pilot light will not stay lit, the ignition only works when it feels like and when i put the water on to heat it stays on for about five minutes and then stops. If i could just get an idea about what is happening would be great as i can't afford a big repair bill at the moment, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, with that collection of faults you're going to need to call a corgi. Back boilers aren't suitable appliances for DIY.
Start with getting it serviced. This is one type of appliance which definitely needs it doing annually.

Oh don't worry I have no intention of trying to fix it myself, i just want to know what the fault could be, it was last serviced around March last year.

Sponsored Links
definately due for a service then and get the corgi engineer to change the thermocouple at the same time as this is most likely the problem ;)

ChrisR said:
Sorry, with that collection of faults you're going to need to call a corgi. Back boilers aren't suitable appliances for DIY.
Start with getting it serviced. This is one type of appliance which definitely needs it doing annually.

Chris

dont you find these things really attract the dust even more now with these fashionable wooden floors :rolleyes:

Gaz yes, and how, especially if there are pets.

Baxmax - take your point, but there's normally nothing electric to check, no wet bits accessible like on a combi, and the thermocouple's a bit more involved than on a KingfisherII, say.

"Whay type of boiler is "suitable for D.I.Y " "

any type - hardly rocket science, are they ?

hardly rocket science, are they ?
No, not as easy as rocket science.
You'll have to learn a bit about back boilers one day Geoff, it must be boring resoldering all day?
One of us might show you if you're nice ;)

Hardly rocket science no,but i was just trying to advocate a little common sense,i suppose it depends how competent a person is at D.I.Y as there is no governing body set up to monitor the competence level of a D.I.Y person is it not better that we leave such jobs as maintaining/servicing boilers of all types to corgi"s
I am pretty sure there are some D.I.Y enthusiasts out there who might not no as much as you Radon, then again theres possibly a lot who know a lot more than you have forgot.
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back